Tax Manager – Albany, NY
VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience for a U.S. Public Firm is required.
We are committed to the personal growth and development of each and every one of our team members, and are always looking for outstanding and talented individuals to join our family of professionals.
Our firm offers extensive training and support as you work with an impressive list of clients of various sizes and industries, providing accounting, auditing, tax, consulting and financial services. Joining the Team will give you an opportunity to make an impact, feel a sense of pride about the work that you do, and become an integral part of the firm's success, which is based on strong core values, including: Clients, Integrity, Excellence, Commitment, Respect
The Tax Manager responsibilities and requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Directing a variety of tax compliance and consulting services to a diverse clientele.
- The Tax Manager will function as an in-charge resource whose responsibilities will include several elements of multiple tax services engagements including scheduling/budgeting, review, staff supervision and technical instruction, staff development and client interaction.
- Project management responsibilities include tax research, engagement administration, as well as identifying new or expanded service opportunities.
Essential Skill Sets:
- Relevant technical review experience in closely held businesses; formulates conclusions consistent with Firm policies and professional standards
- Maintain expertise on current professional practices and tax law and regulatory developments
- Familiar with and adherence to AICPA ethics rules, Circular 230, IRC Section 6694 and other professional standards
- Assists with professional development of team members
- Demonstrates solid research skills, including drafting tax memoranda to address and resolve tax issues
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting; MST preferred
- CPA license required
- Minimum of six to eight years of recent public accounting experience with a primary focus on taxation a plus
Additional Skill Sets:
- Must have the attention to detail and the ability to operate a peak during tax compliance deadlines
- Integrity, Dependability, Analytical thinking, social orientation and Leadership are musts for this position
- Understands Business through Knowledge and Experience which allows the incumbent to identify issues and propose timely solutions by: gathering and analyzing information skillfully, working well in group problems solving situation and communicating effectively
- Demonstrates Initiative to Manage client relationship with the team to ensure a client relationship by effective listening and finding ways to improve and promote quality. In addition, takes independent action to look for opportunities to ensure an outstanding client experience
- Possesses the ability to foster teamwork through presenting information and responding to questions to the team and readily volunteer to look for development actives for the team and themselves
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 50% of the time
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients who have inquiries about their taxes or financial data and must have the ability to fluidly communicate in all forms
- Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations, (Associates, Clients, Other team members)
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.